This reference is the companion resource for the webinar I presented in June with Edwin Knights, M.D., Improving the accuracy of your diagnosis risk scores.
Members login to watch the webinar on-demand.
Not a member? Learn how you can access the webinar.
The handout includes:
- A quick comparison of fee-for-service vs. risk-adjusted diagnosis coding
- Explanation of risk adjustment (common models and how patients’ risk scores are calculated in HCC)
- Coding and reporting guidelines
- Tips and guidance for physicians and non-physician practitioners
- Examples for common conditions (diabetes, depression, etc.)
- Practical application in working with clinicans
- Examples of conditions and diagnosis codes that risk adjust
Why do HCC’s matter?
This resource will begin to answer that question.
For advanced strategies, be sure to watch the webinar.