This reference is the companion resource for the webinar I presented in June with Edwin Knights, M.D., Improving the accuracy of your diagnosis risk scores.
Members login to watch the webinar on-demand.
Not a member? Learn how you can access the webinar.
The handout includes:
- A quick comparison of fee-for-service vs. risk-adjusted diagnosis coding
- Explanation of risk adjustment (common models and how patients’ risk scores are calculated in HCC)
- Coding and reporting guidelines
- Tips and guidance for physicians and non-physician practitioners
- Examples for common conditions (diabetes, depression, etc.)
- Practical application in working with clinicans
- Examples of conditions and diagnosis codes that risk adjust
Why do HCC’s matter?
This resource will begin to answer that question.
For advanced strategies, be sure to watch the webinar.
The CodingIntel Guide to Hierarchical Condition Categories provides a comprehensive list of HCC and Risk Adjusted Diagnosis Coding resources available on CodingIntel.