The CPT coding rules and the CMS reimbursement rules can be confusing. The payment for this time-based service is high, and payers frequently do pre or post payment review.
Table of Contents:
- What is critical care
- Other E/M services and critical care on the same calendar day
- Who may provide critical care
- What may be included in critical care time
- What may not be included in critical care time
- Bundled services included in critical care time
- Critical Care during the global surgical period
- Key reminders about billing critical care services
- Reviewing critical care notes
CPT 2017 Professional Edition, American Medical Association
CMS Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 12, Section 30.6.12
To download this billing guide for critical care services, and access our premium content library of articles, billing guides, quick reference sheets and more, become a member.
Already a member? Login