Recorded- April 10, 2018
Few services are as confusing or as rewarding as prolonged care codes. In 2018, CMS added two new HCPCS prolonged services codes for use Medicare covered wellness visits.
This webinar will describe the rules related to the four sets of prolonged services codes and what needs to be documented in the record to support the service.
The four code sets are:
- Face-to-face prolonged services in the outpatient setting (E/M and psychotherapy)
- Face-to-face prolonged services in the inpatient or observation setting
- Non-face-to-face prolonged care
- HCPCS prolonged service for use with Medicare wellness visit
Do you know whether to use time alone to select an E/M service or to use the E/M service and prolonged care? This webinar will answer that question.
After the webinar, participants will:
- Describe the documentation requirements for prolonged care
- Differentiate when to report an E/M service based on time and an E/M service and prolonged care
- Explain how to calculate the time of prolonged care
Not a member? There a two ways to register:
Get instant access to this 60 minute recorded webinar and the printable companion resource for $129.00. Or, get FREE access, see details below.
CodingIntel members get access to our entire library of coding resources, including regular updates on coding changes that affect your practice. Membership includes FREE access to all webinars! If you miss one, you can watch on-demand anytime.
**Webinar access is limited to one phone line per registration/membership. Your office staff can listen in via speakerphone or your computer’s audio connection. Additional connections subject to additional fees.
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for one continuing education hour. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.